Salivary Adrenal Stress Index Testing
A simple saliva test that can determine whether your adrenals are stressed.
Do You Need the ASI Test?
To determine if the ASI is the appropriate test for you, ask us for a stress questionnaire. Your score can help us determine a course of action.
The ASI is ordered mainly for individuals who suffer from:
- Chronic stress related health problems
- Lack of vitality and energy
- Muscle and joint pain
- Migraine headaches
- Sleep disturbances
- Poor memory
- Alcohol intolerance
- Stress maladaptation (failure to adjust adequately or appropriately to the environment or situation)
- Low libido
- Low body temperature
Advantages of the ASI
- The test is non-invasive and can be performed wherever you are.
- Saliva is collected under real-life conditions. There are no stressful blood draws and no gallon-sized urine containers to carry around for 24 hours.
- With blood and urine testing, a number of borderline adrenal conditions are missed due to lack of sensitivity. This is not the case with the ASI, because samples are taken within one circadian cycle and the more definitive free fraction is measured.
- The ASI is an in-depth test, such that options for treatment are increased significantly over serum and urine test results.
Note: The ASI was invented and introduced by Diagnos-Techs, Inc. in 1989.